Visits by Groups, Clubs and Societies
We provide an exclusive, leisurely and interactive experience for adult groups of up to 60 people during times when the Museum is not open to the public. The conducted tour lasts about 2 hours.
Normally we arrange these visits for weekday mornings & afternoons or weekend mornings. You can see our public opening times here.
Please bear in mind the dates and times of public opening when proposing a date and time for your visit.
If these times aren’t suitable we will do our best to make other arrangements for your visit, so do contact us.
We will do our best to make sure that you have a first class experience.
The minimum fee of £75.00 covers up to 10 people and should accompany the Booking Form. (click to download) If all of your party is over 60 years of age we reduce it to £65.00.
If your party is more than 10 people you pay an additional charge of £5.00 per additional person. This payment is due in one sum either in advance or at time of admission.
If your party includes people with impaired mobility please take note of the information here.
Arranging a Group visit
Please give as much notice as possible so that we can accommodate your preferred date.
- Contact our Special Event organiser by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org to agree a provisional date.
- Download and complete a Booking Form pdf
- Send it to our office with the deposit.
- We will confirm your booking in writing
- If you need to contact our Special Event organiser please remember that he is a volunteer. His home phone no is 01245 259301. You may have to leave a message for him or call back.
Travel and Parking
Coaches or minibuses seating more than 10 (including the driver) need a permit to use the road leading to the Museum. We will arrange this for you once you have booked.